Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Great Night's Sleep

We're both thankful for a truly good sleep last night. I'm hoping my cough will clear up soon. When we get the report on the CA 125, I'll post it here.

Jeremy's Monday blog is a poem--so expressive of my desire that I'm quoting it here. I know some of you also read his, so this will be a repeat for you.

My breathing fails
I’m taken away
Brought before God almighty
To hear what He has to say
I’m brought before His throne
He rises from the judgment seat
The elders bow, the angels sing
As he slowly approaches me
I cower in holy terror
His presence is too much to talk
He softly whispers in my ear
“My child! Let’s go for a walk.”
He leads me down the streets of gold
As we walk hand in hand
I tell Him all my hopes and dreams
He tells me His master plan
How it was woven together
Each thread was designed
And not until it was over
Could I see how they were aligned
My body was orchestrated
My life was a symphony
Composed by the Lord himself
Resounding in harmony
Each knot cannot stand alone
It must be blended in the whole
And in the complex score
It resonates in the soul
I can see it all now
Why there’s sin in the world
Why God lets bad things happen
Why Satan was unfurled
It was all to bring God glory
By standing against Satan’s prod
Turning down all of the world
Saying, “No, I’d rather have God.”
Then Jesus whispers in my ear
My soul leaps as I discern it
The words I’ve waited to hear
“Well done, my good and faithful servant.”

Our Sunday School teacher says God's purpose in creating us was so He could take walks with us. Won't that be the day!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home