Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Twice Two Was Not Four

I'm so excited to tell you this. Yesterday afternoon I told my sister-in-law that I'd asked you to pray for her that morning. "Oh!" she exclaimed, "That's why I had such a sudden relief from pain this morning!" Now, God is so kind that I know He wanted to give her relief anyway, but isn't it wonderful to be part of that miracle? Natural healing, which is itself a miracle, would have kicked in eventually but probably not for another day or two. Thank you, prayer partners, and thank You, God.

Several years ago we were camping in the mountains and a couple from Winston-Salem befriended us. We clicked, and have maintained the friendship. Yesterday afternoon they were walking out their door to come and see us when the wife tripped, fell down a couple of steps to the brick patio, and snapped her femur. By evening she was in surgery having a hip replacement. We're so sad. We hope to be able to go there and see them today or tomorrow. Would you please pray for Jo?

My oncologist called yesterday. He's considering various options for revising my treatment in view of the rising CA 125 numbers, and will have a plan to recommend when we see him Tuesday afternoon. We appreciate him so much and we're praying that God will give him wisdom.

I'm having a wonderful time with Eugene Peterson's book, Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places. Last evening I read this: "Because God, and therefore the worship of God, cannot be reduced to the rational, song has always been basic to the act of worship. Music is not added to the words to make them more pleasing; it is integral to the way the words are being used as openings to the transcendent, as windows to the mystery, as joining in the dance of the Trinity. Any approach to salvation that does not eventually become worship, and the sooner the better, distorts and reduces salvation to a concept or a program or a technique that we can master and therefore control. But of course, if we can do it or at least manage it, it is no longer salvation. . . . Salvation is God doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves." (No wonder songs have been so important in this walk I'm taking with God through cancer.) If you go to church tomorrow, as we plan to, I hope the songs we sing will help us "join in the dance of the Trinity."

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home