Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 06, 2006

Band-Aid

After four exotic, high-priced hypo-allergenic adhesives left the area around my new port blistered and burning, I tried a plain old oversized Band-Aid yesterday morning. Happily, it held the dressing in place and caused no skin reaction. The old blisters still itch, but they're healing. This is another addition to the Thanks column!

Yesterday morning I awoke in the middle of a dream, just as a woman was saying, "Our government has failed, because I don't feel safe on our streets." I've kept thinking about that, maybe because tomorrow is election day here in the U.S. My recent reading sheds light on that comment. The founders of our republic said often that the form of government they were establishing could succeed only for people with a commitment to morality based on biblical faith. The current "rule" regarding the wall of separation between church and state comes not from the constitution but from a letter President Thomas Jefferson wrote to New England Baptists, promising them that the federal government would not favor one denomination over another, thus ensuring their freedom to practice their faith. Our government has kept that promise. Our courts and schools, however, seem on a rampage to destroy faith. And when faith-based morals fail, can democracy succeed? We get excited when third-world countries turn to democracy, and especially when they elect an evangelical president. But corruption seems to flourish unchecked. As the founding fathers said, democracy depends on morality. In its absence, a totalitarian government does "better" at controlling daily behavior. May God have mercy on us.

Sorry, that was a rabbit-trail, wasn't it? I'm feeling well, though more fatigued. I hope the injections for anemia will kick in soon (I had one last Wednesday, and will get another two weeks later). Yesterday I, a worldclass nap hater, took a nap.

Our teacher said yesterday morning that every step we take towards God, whether in our thoughts or behavior, He accepts as an act of worship and it makes Him glad. That's the direction I want my steps to take me today.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home