Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

God, How Did You Do That?

I remember as a young woman driving down a Michigan highway with brightly colored woods on either side and asking, "God, how did You do that?" Since then I've learned that as the days grow shorter, the leaves' little stemlets seal themselves off from the twigs they hang on. With no more flow of chlorophyll, the green fades and the true colors, which had been there ever since spring, shine through. So now, my question has changed to, "God why did You do that?" I think it must be for His own sheer love of color, of beauty. For eons, maybe, the members of the Trinity anticipated each autumn on the small sphere called Earth; and as the trees turned color they must have given each Other a high five and said, "Isn't that splendid!" Then came the day when God said, "Let us make people in our own image," and it was so. And now, each autumn, we catch our breath in wonder and join Him in saying, "Isn't that splendid!" The maple tree above is in our front yard. You who live with baobabs and thorn trees have different splendors, I know, but I wanted to share this one with you.

Maybe you were thinking I'd write more this morning of my thoughts regarding cancer and today's schedule. I decided to push those thoughts to the back corner of my mind, to show up where I need to today, and let them do what they must do. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out. (The port installation is at 10:30 and kemo at 1:00.)

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!" (Psalm 91:1-2)

Praise Our God!
Carol

P.S. My dorm neighbor at Michigan State in 1958-59 was the one who sent me 31 Days of Praise. It's helping me keep life right-side-up.

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 01, 04:07:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

I just love autumn colours and can't wait for my first one next year. I love to stare at all the colours and play in the fallen leaves. we arrived back just in time for spring blossom which was glorious but I think autumn is my favourite. Blessings for today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home