Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Thanks to God

The young man who won't be playing basketball this season has landed on his feet and will "pursue other interests." My cancer buddy learned yesterday that he has blood clots in both lungs. He's treating the condition aggressively, and we pray they'll dissolve quickly. No report yet on his scan. (Waiting is so hard. Wouldn't we love it if radiologists and doctors understood that and would read and report tests right away?)

Tomorrow's Sunday School lesson is in Hebrews 10. Tom's pre-class letter calls it a peek into private conversations within the Trinity. He says, "In every part of the Bible, [God] talks about his delight in obedience. It's a joy he had in mind when he created man. From Adam on down, no one ever gave Him that exquisite pleasure." So the Son offered himself to become human and fill up the Father's joy with one life of total obedience. "I come to do your will," he said. But there's more God-joy, the joy of forgiveness. Because of the Son's obedient death, he transformed God's disappointment over our disobedience into the pleasure of forgiveness. Amazing!

We've "unplanned," which means a quiet weekend. We're going to the 4:00 showing of "One Night with the King," the Hollywood take on Queen Esther. Esther is my middle name and I was named for both her and my grandmother. "If I perish, I perish," she said.

Hope your weekend is great.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home