Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Kindness

Lying in bed last night, the idea came to me to choose a word for the year. I chose kindness. It's a beautiful idea, and biblical. "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ's sake, has forgiven you." Kindness is also hugely needed in these days when so many suffer pain due to meanness and small-spiritedness. 2007--watch for kindness.

I'm trying to post a photo of a couple of people painting pottery last Saturday, but blogger isn't working very well. I'll try another time.

In the interest of candor, I'll tell you about a low session of sadness on Christmas afternoon. I think it was partly due to the same issue that dragged me down in June at Jeremy's graduation party. All of us together, loving one another, felt so good that I ached to think of maybe having to leave all this. But there was more. I was thinking about three big concerns over which I've prayed so much (two of them for a very long time) that seem "never" to change. I went to my room and lay down, crying out for comfort. Knowing that Jesus identified the Holy Spirit as the Comforter, I asked him directly for comfort. And he answered. Know what he said? "I love you." Over the next few minutes, the sadness lifted and I realized in a fresh way that the message of Christmas, "I love you," is really all I need. I think it's what we all need.

Thanks for loving us and praying for us.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Dec 27, 03:55:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Linda Ploeg said...

Carol, Here is a voice from your past. I just wanted to share with you my thanks for being the godly role model for me in my early marriage, ministry and mothering years at ELTC.

Gordon and I are north of Grand Rapids in Rockford and I have my own business called Fidelis Fund Development. God has brought so many great faith based organizations to me to assist with their funding, communication and leadership development. After doing this for over 25 years I continue to marvel at his gracious provisions.

Thanks for allowing us to share in your journey and to have glimpsed of the family along the way. We will continue to pray with you and look to the future as she continues to use you to impact eternity. Linda & Gordon Ploeg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home