Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, December 30, 2006

One Day at a Time

Last night I spent some time in bed thinking about and praying for specific family members and friends with specific life challenges. I realized how deeply I wish for instant happy outcomes for everyone. When I was a pre-teen, I read voraciously--almost always shallow novels in which a plain girl wins the heart of a handsome prince and they live happily forever without problems. I must have internalized that irrational dream. Anyway, with my rational brain I realize that challenges help us grow, and since God is totally smart he will make sure that each back is strong enough for its particular burden. Therein lies peace.

Yesterday we enjoyed celebrating Joshua's first birthday, and he made a pretty smear of chocolate icing on his handsome little face. His other great-grandmother joined us for the party. Today we're back at the lake, where we need to put Christmas decorations away and get the place clean for the rest of the winter. Tomorrow we'll drive back to Charlotte.

My fingertips are better, and the mouth sores are gone. My eyes are watering and my feet are, as usual, stiff and tingly, but not bad. I feel so blessed.

We'll plan an early departure tomorrow morning, so I probably won't post an update until we're home.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home