Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Blessings


For those who asked about the beaches in Nassau, here are a couple of people that we found enjoying a bit of the beauty of God’s creation. Sun, surf, sand and fantastic turquoise water. You may have seen these people. They seem to get around a bit.

Carol’s chemo went well yesterday, but for some reason both of us spent a good number of wakeful hours last night. I assume that it was the chemo, but can I (Chuck) also use that excuse? Could it be that I was sitting too close to the infusion line during the procedure? I’m not sure that I can actually sell that reasoning, but it sounds good.

A little sleet on the ground and in the air has convinced me to cancel my early morning run for donated bread for the mission. It is doubtful that I can go back to sleep after a couple cups of coffee and watching the early morning weather report, so I will do a blog for Carol so that she can get a little more shut-eye.

This year I have started The Daily Message (Eugene Peterson), and have been enjoying his translation. Reading about men of faith in Genesis, I was again impressed with the faith of Noah. It is difficult for me to get a handle on building a boat some 450 feet long with three decks, on dry land, in view of my neighbors and friends, preparing for a flood that had not been forecast by the media. Noah was not known as a crackpot, bur rather “…a good man, a man of integrity in his community. Noah walked with God.” Isn’t that what we all strive for? Then his sons are named but with no comment about their integrity or walk with God. It is interesting to note that God told Noah to take his wife along with his sons and their wives on board with him. While ultimately they will determine their own destiny, it appears that possibly God brought them aboard on Noah’s “coat tail.” As I reflected on that, I was reminded of the importance of our walk with God and the importance of our prayerful activity for our family and friends. Could it be that those wakeful hours during the night are simply opportunities to pray for family and friends? Okay Lord, thanks for those special hours upholding others in prayer!

We are so thankful for the many answers to prayer. Last evening we had a call from our son-in-law, Jeff, telling us about the exciting new job which he just accepted. God is good!

I trust that each of us will keep our eyes and ears open to enjoy the blessings of God today. And as we are so richly blessed, in turn be a blessing to others.

Our friend with kidney failure is having the tests tomorrow morning that will place her on the kidney replacement list. We pray she won't suffer effects from the tests, and that once on the list a donor will be found soon.

Chuck…and Carol too


2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 18, 12:25:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger _abe said...

G-ma... How are you? I don't get tons of time to read your blogs but when I do I absolutely love them. You are so awesome! I have been in contact with your fantastic Grandson a bit lately as I am sure you have too... I am looking forward to the summer because I believe I wil be spending it with Jeremy! good times... Alright... Well I hope you are having a splendid day! take it easy

_in love
abe

 
At Thu Jan 18, 05:52:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Wow! What beautiful scenery. I'm so glad you got a chance to get away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home