Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 12, 2007

GOOD Morning

Here we were in 1976, rafting for seven days through the Grand Canyon. This photo was definitely not taken at Lava Falls. (We rode "point" for the milder rapids, but got no pictures of wild rides because our camera wasn't waterproof.)


I slept nearly 10 hours last night, and this morning I feel wonderful. No trace of "taxol flu." I am so thankful. Yesterday I worked a full day, and I think I finished the articles I needed to write for the next SIM magazine. (A couple of articles are being written by other people this time.) Today I'll organize the stacks of research so it's all there if needed in the future.


Tomorrow morning we're flying to Nassau to spend four days with my sister and her husband. Over the years, many of their friends have become ours as well, so we're looking forward to some great fun and fellowship.


A friend sent some good rules for 2007; they all use the word "up." I thought they contained good advice, so I'll pass them along here.


1. Wake Up. Decide to have a good day. Psalm 118:24

2. Dress Up. The best way to dress up is with a smile that reflects your soul. 1 Samuel 16:7

3. Shut Up. Learn to listen. Proverbs 13:3

4. Stand Up... for what you believe in. Galatians 6:9-10

5. Look Up...to the Lord. Philippians 4:13

6. Reach Up...for something higher. Proverbs 3:5-6

7. Lift Up...your prayers. Philippians 4:6
Thanks so much for your interest, care and prayers.
Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 13, 04:55:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

You are amazing. No wonder Jeremy isn't afraid to try new things. He's inherited that ability! Bon Courage to you as they say in French. And Bon Voyage. Have fun in Nassau!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home