Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

HE lifts us up

Chuck filling in here this morning.

Every now and then Carol or I do not sleep too well, but usually the other one continues to saw wood all night. Those wakeful hours are wonderful for meditating and praying for our family and friends, but produce some droopy eyes from time to time during the next day. Last night we both had one of those nights. Plenty of time to talk, pray and meditate.

As many memories swept through my mind along with portions of Scripture, I "got stuck" on God's goodness and mercy, and somehow thinking about that, was drawn to an experience many years ago when Carol and I went on a raft trip on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.

Our raft hit a huge boulder as we were about to go over Lava Falls (rated 10 on a scale of 1-10) and we tossed and flipped over and over, when suddenly it was totally still. I opened my eyes in total blackness and for a moment panic set in. I could not tell which way to swim to the surface! Within a couple of moments I felt the life preserver lifting me and soon could see light above. If you want to hear more about the trip, just let us know, but that is enough for now.

How like life that is, isn't it? We sail along over smooth waters and tend not to think about our "life preserver." We hit some heavy turbulence and still fail to trust...certain we can handle it ourselves...and when it is the darkest, we finally realize that we are being lifted up. Several times during the night, I cracked open an eye to get a peek at our smiling frogs, reminding myself to FROG...Fully Rely On God!

This morning we go in for Carol's 19th chemo treatment. This is the second in a new series of chemo which she has every week now. It is impossible for me to describe the pain that I feel watching the "juice" drip into her veins over a period of several hours. But all the time Carol is smiling, encouraging other patients and even the nurses. Today we are taking a CD to one of the nurses who has a niece that has indicated an interest in missions, and Carol wants her to take it to her to present an opportunity that may interest her.

Last night I thanked God for all of you in general, and for many of you specifically that have shared numerous challenges with us, that you are facing. We are so thankful for your prayers and support as we pass through some turbulent times. We don't know about the future, but rejoice in the fact the Jesus is walking with us through it all and we are thankful for His goodness and mercy.

Have a blessed day!

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 10, 06:56:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW RIGHT ON YOU ARE CHUCK....AND THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT I KNOW TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH WE THANK BOTH OF YOU FOR LETTING US TAKE THIS "RIDE" WITH YOU BOTH....IT IS OUR JOY TO LIFT YOU BOTH UP EVERYDAY TO THE ONE THAT IS ALWAYS STANDING ON THE SIDELINE,RUNNING ALONG SIDE AND CHEERING US ON!
A&B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home