Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas Card Adventure

I mentioned the idea I'd got from others to keep Christmas cards in a basket at the dinner table and each day draw one out as a sweet reminder to pray for the sender(s). The first card we drew was from Chuck and Pearl, who this year complete 50 years of serving the Lord in SIM. They are remarkable people, who through the years have willingly moved many times as needed in finance offices around the SIM world. They now make their home here, but they still travel a lot to help with auditing. They have shown much hospitality to us, as well as friendship, encouragement and prayer support. I wish you could all know them! The card was lovely too: Aslan, the great Christ-figure lion from Narnia, standing guard over the Babe in the manger.

Yesterday's plans didn't quite work out. By the time I was ready to leave for work, I realized I was running a temperature, and my face was so flushed it looked like I'd been lying on a Nassau beach all day. So I rested for several hours, and finally went to the office at 2:00. Today is the day the doctor predicted a case of "taxol flu," but so far I feel very well and will plan not to participate in that, God willing. I discovered that I hadn't made nearly as much progress in writing the next issue of the magazine as I'd wishfully thought, so I really need lots of healthy time for that.

I have my faith-building biblical affirmations typed on cards so I can read them aloud several times a day. Here's one from this morning: "I will not die, but live to tell what the Lord has done" (Psalm 118:17). Love it!

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home