Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 01, 2007

Joyful New Year

January 1! I'm trying to remember the poem about standing at the start of an unknown road. A Voice says, "Put your hand in the hand of One who knows all, and it will be better for you than a known way." I know that is true. The year ahead holds a full load of hopes and fears. What it really holds is 365 days--each one a gift of grace held out to us by the loving hand of the One who knows the way and loves us intensely. I can go there, holding his hand.

I slept 11 hours last night and still feel sleepy. I'm glad it's a holiday. Other than tired, I'm still quite well. We encountered so many "bugs" during the past two weeks, and we feel blessed to not be sick. We're thankful for our safe trip home yesterday.

Tomorrow morning is the CA 125 test, and Wednesday I'll see the oncologist for a scheduled kemo. Please help me pray for guidance. I'm aware of the cumulative (usually permanent) damage so much kemo can cause. I'm also mildly aware of the prospects of my type of cancer. What I don't know at this point is what God intends to do. If I should be asking more questions, please pray I'll have wisdom and courage to do so.

I'm so grateful for your love, care and prayers. I pray that God will bless all your days in the new year.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home