Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Love So Deep

How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure,
That he should give his only Son to make a wretch his treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turns his face away,
As wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory.

I will not boast in anything, no gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from his reward? I cannot give an answer,
But this I know with all my heart, his wounds have paid my ransom.

This beautiful song by Stuart Townend rang in my mind each time I woke up during the night. Amazingly comforting!

Yesterday was amazing too, on a different level. No "taxol flu." I worked all day, got a lot done, and felt well into the evening. How can I thank you for your prayers? And how can I thank God for his goodness?

A "late" Christmas letter came yesterday from a dear younger pastor friend. No! No! No! my heart shouted, as we learned that he's preparing for cancer surgery. There's just too much of that, it seems. But I also have good news. My second cousin's husband, who has been battling cancer most of the year, is now cancer-free. And she reports that her painful leg sores, which had drained copiously for four months, have dried up and feel better. That's a wonderful answer to prayer.

Have a blessed weekend.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home