Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Legacies of Grace

The theme of this Founder's Week Conference is "Legacies of Grace." It's a good topic, since every day is filled with so much grace.

We found classmates in the hotel lobby as we arrived, and all the rest of the day we enjoyed lots of hugging and catching up. The very best was spending time with my brother and his wife; they'll also be with us today. I also went to see Miss Needham, my English teacher from 53 years ago, to whom I owe everything I know about grammar and the mechanics of writing. She's in her late 90s and finds it hard to see, hear, and get around, but her mind is sharp as ever. I try to stop in at her apartment whenever we're in Chicago.

More than a hundred of my fellow 50-year celebrants are here, out of a class of 241. Forty have already died.

I'm now reading in Exodus. Two things (among many) make me marvel. One, how stubborn and foolish Pharoah was; his people got smart long before he did, and they begged him to obey God and let the Israelites go free before anything else happened. They knew God would win, but Pharoah couldn't see it. Two, how important it was to God that all the Egyptians should know that "I am the Lord." He said it over and over. It strikes me that He is still looking for people who will acknowledge that basic fact of life: He is the Lord.

We skipped the ice cream party for our class after the evening session. I was still feeling okay, but I knew it was time for bed. I feel well again this morning. Moody provides a huge fleet of school buses to take us wherever we need to go, which minimizes our time in the frigid air. Chuck is breathing okay and being very careful.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home