Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Release

By 5:00 this morning we plan to be on our way to Indiana. We went to bed early last night, but I lay awake, my mind churning. I'd been reminded of an offense someone had done to me many years ago, and I kept rehearsing it from every angle. I was desperate to get some sleep. What to do?
Forgive, came the answer.
Forgive? But they never said, "I'm sorry."
That's their problem. You forgive.
Suddenly, it made perfect sense. The only way that offense could continue to hurt me was if I refused to let go of it. So I forgave, releasing all my rights to any apology or revenge. Peace swept in, and I slept.
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God, in Christ, has forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32).

We're looking forward to a birthday dinner this evening for three family members. Two of the birthdays are past and one is future, and we'll celebrate them all together. On Monday morning we'll go to Chicago (only a couple of hours further) for my 50th graduation reunion at Moody Bible Institute. (By now, many of my friends have become Chuck's as well, so he's also looking forward to this.) We'll benefit from the wonderful Bible teaching of Founder's Week Conference Monday evening through Wednesday morning. We plan to return to Indiana Wednesday afternoon, drive home on Thursday, and be here for my next kemo on Friday.

I'll update this blog whenever I get a chance.

I'm grateful that you're still paying attention to our journey through cancer. Thank you so much for your care and prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home