Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Peculiar Places

Down the road a few miles from Charlotte, there's another mission (JAARS) with another mission magazine (Rev-7) and another mission editor named Carol. She and I have become friends by email, and I hope we can meet some day. She's a great writer. Yesterday she sent me a poem which I wholeheartedly affirm is the truth, although I haven't yet experienced everything in it.

Peculiar Places

A most illuminating perspective on life
Is viewed from peculiar places;

The middle of black tunnels pierced by one sun filament,
The ends of ropes--"wit's ends,"
Desperately deep valleys enclosed by forbidding cliffs of hope,
Or the ragged, thin edge of a freshly-dug grave.

Surprisingly, such dark places are also filled with light,
And suffering-distilled messages people send from there
Stun us with their shining purity and truth--
So much so we cannot ignore them or turn away.

The grieved, afflicted, and distraught see and know
what we sometimes can only imagine:
God, in ineffable light, purifying their hearts, souls and minds,
Manifests Himself, and discloses that in such peculiar places He especially dwells.

--Carol Brinneman

As soon as I post this, I'll be reading the end of the book of Job, where I know this "ineffable light" comes shining.

I had to go to bed last evening before I was able to reach our Nassau friends by phone, and I'm sure it's too early to call this morning. So we don't know how the procedures went, but we can still pray.

Chuck talked with grandson Jeremy yesterday. He's doing well, and he's having Bible studies with "Abraham," the young man who says he wants to be a Christian. Jeremy had been somewhat discouraged by Abraham's obnoxious behavior, but he says he's hearing rumors that that behavior is improving. Well, isn't that exactly what God does when let Him in? More cause to pray! And praise: Jeremy is going to get to go for a short visit to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, towards the end of February. Don't you love that word? Ouagadougou!

I am so thankful to continue to feel so well. Last night again I saw those illuminated frogs on our bedroom table and remembered to Fully Rely On God. He is reliable.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home