Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Spontaneity

I woke up a little early, and the first memory to enter my mind was priceless. About 30 years ago our family was enjoying the beach on Cat Island, Bahamas, during a visit with my missionary mother. She had stayed at home to do some now-forgotten task. Suddenly we saw her wading across the inlet to join us--in her dress. We ran to meet her, assuming a crisis. No, she had only decided to have some fun with us, and she was afraid if she took time to change into her swimsuit, we'd be heading back before she got to us. I love that memory of spontaneity in a woman who usually lived by duty. Well, I love every memory of her and also of that beautiful place. (She and my father went there upon his retirement, so it was never our family home.)

I'm feeling well, and looking forward to seeing the oncologist today. I know he's encouraged by my falling CA 125 numbers.

My "cancer buddy" suffered an "episode" during Monday night and was taken to the hospital. We went there last evening, and he was looking good by then. The doctor is seeking to rule out a stroke. We pray for everything to be okay and for his tumors to continue to shrink. His wife commented that we four need to hold on for miracles, since both our cancers are the type for which medicine offers no cure. True. But then, every day of life is a miracle.

Right below this is an entry added yesterday after I got word that our Nassau friend had done well in his high-risk diagnostic tests regarding the masses in his lung. Thank the Lord, and we surely need to keep praying for healing for him. He'll get results on February 6. (There oughta' be a law against testing patients' patience so long!)

Do something spontaneous today. Someone will remember you for it.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home