Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ancient Words

At times in my life, I admit, I have been very casual about the words from God in the Bible, reading them--if I had time--more from habit or duty than from hunger. But now they have become so precious to me, essential for survival. I woke up this morning thinking about one of the songs we sang at the conference in Chicago, titled "Ancient Words," by Lynn DeShazo. I'll pass it along here, and then I'll scoot to my wing-back chair where my Bible is waiting for me.

Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world
They resound with God's own heart
Let the ancient words impart

Words of life, words of hope
Give us strength, help us cope
In this world where'er we roam
Ancient words will guide us home

Ancient words ever true
Changing me, changing you
We have come with open hearts--
The faithful words of Christ

What a miracle is this Book!

What I said yesterday about finally feeling rested was true; I felt good all day, and again this morning. I look forward to a productive day at the office. Final corrections are coming in from around the SIM world for the magazine I'm working on. By the end of next week, it needs to be word-perfect and picture-perfect and ready for the designer. Well, perfect is a relative term, isn't it?

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Feb 15, 12:47:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEE MEE! I love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home