Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Locating

I read yesterday that our experiences have the ability to locate us. Huh? I read on to discover that the author meant that the tests and difficulties that come at us suddenly--out of nowhere--reveal our location, that is, where we are spiritually. So someone treats me rudely, or the car breaks down, or the doctor says I have cancer. Whatever the severity of the episode, if it brings on a reaction of resentment or worry or anger or all-out panic, it has also given me a valuable piece of information: where I am! Since reality is the prerequisite for repentance and renewal, trials that locate us can actually turn out to be our friends. In fact, JB Phillips paraphrased a Bible verse like this: "Don't resent them [trials] as intruders, but welcome them as friends." This works, I think, for people who deep down want to be located in the light, near God's heart, Fully Relying On God. When our reactions to negative stuff show us that we actually aren't where we want to be, we can ask God's forgiveness and by His grace move in close again.

Our Nassau friend received the verdict: inoperable lung cancer. I feel pain down the core of my soul merely typing those words. Here's what he wrote: "My treatment will be radiation, chemo-therapy, and God holding my hand." Would you please lift up a prayer for Bob and his family? Thanks.

I'm feeling well this morning, and ready for another kemo. First I'll go to morning prayers at the SIM USA chapel, where I'm looking forward to seeing the dear folks from Ebenezer Church in Bluffton, Ohio, who are working here this week. They are hard-working, caring, committed to Christ's kingdom, and totally remarkable in their authenticity. Chuck and I are dreaming of worshiping with them in their church some day.

My brother Phil and his wife have rented a condo on the beach about 3 1/2 hours from here. Sometime Friday we'll join them there for a wonderful long weekend of loving togetherness. No, it's not warm enough yet for sun-bathing (which we wouldn't do anyway), but it'll be a warm time nevertheless.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home