Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Amazed

Every year several devoted Christian men and women from an Ohio church donate a week to SIM, helping in dozens of ways. Some of the women spend the week in the kitchen and leave the freezers almost overflowing. This is their week here. Yesterday one of the men said to Chuck, "I've prayed every day for you and your wife since we learned of her cancer last year." We are amazed...unworthy...humbled...and so grateful. What a gift! How can we ever adequately thank our unselfish prayer supporters?

After another 7 pm bedtime, I feel quite rested this morning.

Yesterday I was captivated by five never-fail principles in 1 Corinthians 16:13-14. I'd like to make them active in my life today:
1. Be on guard.
2. Stand true to what you believe.
3. Be courageous.
4. Be strong.
5. And everything you do must be done with love.

Wouldn't that be a great outline for a five chapter book? I'm thinking how good it is that God, through author Paul, included #5. Otherwise, there are lots of unloving ways to apply numbers 1 through 4!

Our friend Carolyn is enduring unspeakable back pain. Scans have revealed three separate and equally serious causes. We pray for quick (if temporary) relief and for the doctor to find a long-term solution.

Blessings for your day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home