Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Watching for God

Sometimes it seems that God fades from view in the clamor and busyness of everyday life. I hate that. He deserves to be the focus, even when we're concentrating hard on a task--whether it's housework, correspondence, our profession, or shopping. Joni Eareckson Tada tells about a time when her husband Ken surprised her with a bouquet of roses. She says, "They took my breath away--and not simply because of their lush texture and color, but because they were so different from everything else around me . . . brass and glass, plastic and metal, tile and paint. Everything around me was machined and manmade. Everything but the roses . . . . Nature is only a name for an effect. And the cause is God. The touch is His . . . from a lowly daisy to a queenly rose . . . from a tiny pine seedling to a towering redwood . . . from the whisper of April wind in the cherry tree to the crashing of a storm-driven surf. Bring something into your home or office today that reminds you of his creative touch. Let these God-breathed, God-caused touches remind you of your real home."

So I'm taking inventory. In almost every room I find at least one object that's God-made: seashells, dried hydrangea, grape-hyacinth in a tiny vase, an orchid plant. Problem is that I was ignoring the message calling to me from those lovely objects: God made me! Think about Him! (I still really appreciate all the manmade objects that make life comfortable, as well as the medicines that help us live. I'm not promoting a back-to-nature survival. I'm only urging myself to a back-to-God thought life.)

I'm feeling well again this morning. The daughter of Chuck's cousin is coming with her fiance for the day. We're looking forward to their visit, and now I must prepare...

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home