Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Celebration

I could have predicted this good news. Ever since two weeks ago, when I was complaining about fatigue caused by low hemoglobin, I’ve sensed a growing energy level. The past few nights I haven’t even felt like going to bed before 9:00 (except last night, of course). A friend was praying that my hemoglobin would dip below 11 so the insurance company would cover the injection that wakes up the bone marrow and motivates it to make more red blood cells. But that’s a slow process. God did something better. He boosted my count to 11.8. I haven’t done anything different, so I’m sure He did it, in answer to prayer.

I’m uncomfortable to talk so much about my cancer and treatment, but I hope for many (most) of you it’s the closest you’ll ever come to the little “c.” (Some people call cancer the Big “C,” but we save that name for Christ Who conquers cancer in the end anyway.)

The doctor’s greatest concern with continuing this regimen is the neuropathy (tingling and numbness) in my feet. I’m also concerned about the growing damage to my toenails from the taxene. So during the infusion yesterday I kept dipping my toes in ice water for as long as I could stand it. We hope that kept the kemo from traveling there.

Now a word about joy from Richard Foster. “God’s normal means of bringing His joy is by redeeming and sanctifying the ordinary junctures of human life … When the power that is in Jesus reaches into our work and play and redeems them, there will be joy where once there was mourning … Celebration comes when the common ventures of life are redeemed.” (From The Celebration of Discipline)

So let’s reach out to the common ventures of this day, looking for the redemption Christ brings to every dimension of life.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Wed Mar 28, 02:20:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Great news, Carol. Thanks for your previous post. Love is so important....we talked about that as a fruitful practice at this consultation. We need to be wise, but gentle, not angry and rabid.

 
At Wed Mar 28, 10:10:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Leluwa said...

Hallelujah!
I'm so excited to hear about your hemoglobin (it is hemoglobin, right?) count. Praying for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home