Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

An Appeal for Kindness

Another round of kemo this morning. It is surely God's kindness that enables me to absorb these toxins without great bodily damage. We're trusting Him for the blood count numbers and for the port to work well. And, of course, for the kemo to do its duty against the cancer cells.

If you've been with me for awhile, you know that "kindness" is my word for this year. So I'll use an appeal to kindness in my comments about the growing number of email messages that appear to be trying to stir up hatred against a large religious group. May I suggest, before your finger makes its automatic trip up to click "forward" when you get one of them, that you pause and pray for this group of people? Remember that God loves them, each one. Then read the message critically. Do the words and attitudes expressed sound like Jesus? Are you sure all the "facts" are really true? If you sent it to your circle of acquaintances, what would be their likely response? Would it evoke godly and legal action? Or would it simply spread terror?

Jesus said, "Love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Pray for the happiness of those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you" (Luke 6:27-28). And He showed us the way: "Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in His steps. He never sinned, and He never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, Who always judges fairly" (1 Peter 2:20-23). Please don't misunderstand; I'm not making a political comment on how a nation should defend itself. I'm only addressing individual Christians, including myself, and urging kind and compassionate attitudes towards adherents of this religious group, even though some individuals among them are determined to destroy christendom.

After kemo today I'll probably rest most of the afternoon. I hope your day is great.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 27, 06:55:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for these words, Carol. I couldn't agree more. Just prayed for you.
Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home