Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Radical Middle

The other day I found a useful phrase, "the radical middle," in a book, The Desert Is Alive. So many people get all worked up about their dogmatic point of view on things spiritual or political. Spiritually, it seems that a lot of blood has been spilled (figuratively if not literally) over chronologies having to do with cosmic beginnings and endings, with lots of good and godly people on both ends of the spectrum and no real possibility in this life of settling the matter. So here and now I am planting my feet firmly in the “radical middle.” Someday God will settle the disagreements. I can wait.

And yesterday I came across this wise advice from Jim Elliot, one of the five missionaries who were martyred in Ecuador in 1957: “Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.” That’s my goal for today.

Blessings of spring: On Saturday I put out the hummingbird feeders, and on Tuesday I caught my first glimpse of one of those tiny wonders in our yard. The bluebirds have completed their nest in our bluebird house. And I'm nurturing a solitary swallowtail larvae on parsley leaves. I usually find several at a time; I suppose the birds gobbled the others before I noticed them.

Yesterday was a really good day. I felt well, and made some progress on photos for the magazine. There’s work yet to be done, but progress feels great.

Although I now keep my toes in ice water during the infusion of taxol, it seems the neuropathy in my feet is increasing a bit. There's still no pain, thank the Lord; but I'll appreciate prayer that the numbness doesn't get worse.

Our friend with kidney failure learned Tuesday that she still needs a donor.

Grandson Jeremy posted a new blog asking prayer for the people of Tera, the town he lived in for six months. He didn’t give details, said only that the town appears to be under a hellish attack. I wonder if you would join us in praying that God will show himself strong on behalf of the people there, for his glory. Thank you.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home