Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Day of Song

Silly me! After I got to the office yesterday morning and received the report on my cancer, I grabbed my Bible to seek comfort in the Hosea verse I'd mentioned earlier in my blog--and I looked at the wrong verse. Then I said in my next posting that the reference was wrong. Sorry. The reference wasn't wrong; I was. All is well. (Scroll down to Friday for details of the cancer.)

A couple of weeks ago in Streams in the Desert, I read this: "Therefore, dear soul, in this life you are receiving a music lesson from your Father. You are being trained to sing in a choir you cannot yet see, and there will be parts in the chorus that only you can sing. . . . In the darkest night he is composing your song. In the valley he is tuning your voice. In the storm clouds he is deepening your range. In the rain showers, he is sweetening your melody. In the cold he is giving your notes expression. And as you pass at times from hope to fear, he is perfecting the message of your lyrics.

And many a heavenly singer
Among those sons of light
Will say of His sweetest music,
"I learned it in the night."
And many a lovely anthem,
that fills the Father's home,
Sobbed out its first rehearsal
in the shade of a darkened room.

It's a good day for humming hymns of praise. It looks like the morning will also be a good time for restoring a little order to our garden, which, despite recent drought, is growing out of control. I'm hoping our bluebird babies will hatch today. And our dear neighbor brought over the last butterfly chrysalis so we can watch the "resurrection." That, too, should occur over the weekend.

Have a blessed day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home