Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Day We Cease to Dream

“The day we cease to dream is the day we begin to die.”
I read this the other day in a newsletter for seniors. I said a couple of weeks ago that I need a dream for ten years from now. I’m still thinking about that, but I certainly don’t feel that without it I have begun to die. Maybe for now it’s my short-term dreams that keep me feeling really alive. The gathering in 2+ weeks with my siblings and their spouses. Then the week after that getting to see various members of the family who live up north. And my work; it’s so fulfilling that deadlines actually feel more like good dreams than stressful deadlines.

That same senior magazine told about Nola Ochs, who is graduating from Fort Hays State University in Kansas with a degree in history. No big deal, except that she’s 95 years old! She plans to get a job as a storyteller on a cruise ship. Now that’s a dream! What a way to stay engaged with life! (I’m not sure she needs a history degree to do that job; her 95 years of life should count for something.)

So I’ll keep dreaming, whether short-term or long-term, and I’ll also continue to make my voice heard against the systems around that world that either wink at or else actively encourage slavery. That’s gotta stop!

This morning I'll get blood drawn for a complete blood count; I'm pretty sure it will be good, since I'm feeling so well. Based on past experience with this chemo, next week is when the blood counts might drop too low. I'm praying they won't. I see the oncologist next week, and the next round of chemo is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 13. I so appreciate your prayers for favorable blood counts as well as for a big drop in the cancer (CA 125) number. God is able, and he is very good.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home