Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

An Unavoidable Imperative

As Chuck and I read the indeed devotional yesterday, we came across an encouraging--truly astounding--truth. The background was the time that Jesus went with his parents to Jerusalem at the age of 12 (Luke 2:49), and Joseph and Mary lost him. After three anxious days, they found him in the temple, and here's what's amazing. Jesus couldn't accept that they were anxious; "Didn't you know," he insisted, "that I had to be in my Father's house?" Asks indeed, "Where else would he be? The temple is his home." Moving on to today, the truth is startling. Now we are his home, his temple, his Father's house. He must be here; his very nature requires it. In dark nights, when the devil whispers dark lies, the believer can say (aloud if necessary), "Jesus is here, right here, inside me. He has to be." (I tried it last night.)

I don't plan to impose on you my efforts against modern slavery. I'll be writing letters, making phone calls, buying fair-trade or boycotting products--along with thousands of other people. I thought I'd simply list here a few websites, in case you're interested. (If you want book titles, click on Comments below and ask for them.)
http://www.iabolish.com
http://uk.geocities.com/abolishslaverysoon/
http://www.antislavery.org/
http://www.setallfree.net
http://www.castla.org/

One comment about boycotting: Christian leaders in China acknowledge that imprisoned believers there must often do forced factory labor. (How else could prices be so low?) These leaders do not recommend boycotts; they ask instead that every time we buy or use a product "Made in China," we remember to pray for the Christians who suffer for their faith. (This doesn't go on in all of China, but in some provinces.) Once again, prayer is our first resource.

Chuck and I walked last evening, and then I walked with a neighbor from Uzbekistan. Most evenings here are delightful, even following very hot days. This morning, the new class of SIM workers from the USA will "graduate," and we'll be there to celebrate with them. (I got to teach one of their orientation classes, so I feel I know them a bit. They are wonderful folks.)

I'm continuing to feel well. Thanks so much for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home