Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 29, 2007

How About a Walk?

"How about a brisk morning walk," suggested Lisa when I got up. She was already awake and reading! So we're just now back from the walk, and she and Chuck are skewering meat and vegetables to grill for lunch. Her second cousin and her husband, who live a couple of hours away, are coming for the afternoon, and we're happy to see them. Lisa brought integrated menus and recipes for about six dinners, and she gave Chuck a fun cooking lesson last evening. Next time chemo wipes me out, we won't be eating left-overs or pizza from a box!

Yesterday afternoon we strolled through the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. In all the years we've belonged there, I've never seen it looking as good as it does right now. What a pleasure.

Because I struggled so severely with breathlessness before my surgery (and still do mildly at times), I particularly notice Bible verses related to breath. For example, Psalm 104:33: "I will sing to the Lord as long as I live, I will praise my God to my last breath!" And the next verse gives the motivation: "May he be pleased by all these thoughts about him . . . ." His pleasure--that's enough reason to do anything, isn't it?

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home