Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 27, 2007

Opportunity to Make a Big Difference

Yesterday I learned about a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the world. I promised I wouldn't impose my anti-slavery campaign on you, but here I am asking a favor of you. The International Justice Movement (IJM) in Washington DC is one of the organizations that's having a genuine impact. They conduct investigations around the world in order to rescue victims of injustice and gain evidence against their abusers, bringing them to justice. They also partner with local aftercare providers to help victims heal and recover. Now they're in the final stretches to win a $100,000 grant from Rezoom. They need people to go to www.Rezoom.com/ABETTERWORLD every day from now until August 10 and simply vote for International Justice Mission. It's really simple; you will need to choose a "username" and a password. Register once, and from then on all you have to do is vote every day. While you're at the site, you can read more about IJM too. Or at www.ijm.org. What a painless way to help this group rescue victims of sexual exploitation and bonded slavery. Thank you.

Daughter Lisa is coming in early tomorrow morning for the weekend. I am so happy about that. Grateful to feel well enough to enjoy her company. Lab reports show that my blood counts haven't dropped severely.

I wasn't able to get an update on neighbor Michael last evening. I'll keep trying.

Have a great day.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Jul 30, 02:06:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol - I'm so happy to meet you! Matt O'Neil sent me your blog URL and contact information. I am also a human rights advocate (I'm actually pretty new to the idea of being an "activist," but I'm trying to do at least one thing every day to defend the defenseless). You have such an incredible story and I would love the opportunity to sit down over coffee and discuss ways we can work together to fight human injustices around the globe. If you get a chance, please check out my blog at http://www.cookieblog.com and drop me a line. I'll try to find you Sunday at Watershed, as well. I'll talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home