Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pray for the Taliban

The Korean hostages in Afghanistan are all Christians (18 women and 5 men), voluntary humanitarian workers, most from the same church in South Korea. Could we pray that God's peaceable voice will speak to the Kaliban leaders, showing them the value of releasing their hostages without killing them. The negotiators are apparently doing their best, but of course God is far stronger than they are.

I had blood drawn yesterday for a complete blood count--not to measure the cancer, only the blood count. Last month some of the counts dropped very low before the bone marrow kicked back in and did its noble work. We're praying again for those counts to be protected. I woke up last night with a sore throat and had a momentary fear that my immunity had failed, but I prayed and this morning my throat feels fine. I'm pretty sure I'd have forgotten to be thankful for good health without that reminder that it's not to be taken for granted.

Would we know that the major chords were sweet,
if there were no minor key?
Would the painter's work be fair to our eyes,
without shade on land or sea?
Would we know the meaning of happiness,
would be feel that the day was bright,
If we'd never known what it was to grieve,
nor gazed on the dark of night? (from Streams in the Desert July 23)

I appreciate your prayers so much!

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home