Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Two Words for Today

Yesterday I spent some time, finally, reviewing the CAT scan report. I spread it out and paid attention to scary words like metastatic lesions, asymmetric lymph nodes, etc. Then I read through several pages of Bible promises that our former pastor had brought to us shortly after I got out of the hospital. Two concepts in James 1:2 grabbed my attention: Perseverance and Wisdom.

1. "You know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature." I don't waste a lot of time dreading Monday morning and the chemo treatment that awaits me, but I'm taking "perseverance" as my word for the day.

2. "If any of you lacks wisdom, (s)he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given . . . ." What a wonderful promise! I am trusting God (the generous, non-judging God) to speak clearly with his wisdom if there's anything else I should do or any changes should be made.

The past couple of days I've been feeling stronger, though I still need a nap or two every day. I'm finally getting out for short walks too, so that's helping.

We've had a lot of rain, some of it torrential, and the intended house painting has been an off-and-on thing. I've gotten some advance planning done for the next magazine. The theme of it is ministries of compassion, a wonderful topic, and I have enough research materials for a whole book--not just 12 pages of a magazine. It will be hard to choose.

Tomorrow morning early we'll be on our way back to Charlotte. I should be back on line Monday morning.

Thanks for all your love and your faithfulness in praying for us.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home