Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 20, 2007

What a Weekend!

It was so wonderful to have my loved ones here. I wished to feel better, but it was sweet nevertheless. This blog will have to do for awhile again, but at least I want to thank you for your prayers. I can't remember ever feeling so sick and weak. Nobody predicted that this chemo would be so mean. Just now I can't even consider sitting down again next Monday for another round of it!

A cousin brought a book, Anam Cara, A Book of Celtic Wisdom. The opening poem, "Beannacht," begins,
On the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

Well, I do feel like the weight has deadened, and the above wish was well made.

We had a beautiful time of hymn singing on Sunday. The two cousins who came said that's the way they remember our family: singing. It was lovely.

My sister-in-law had shoulder surgery this morning. They say she's doing well, and may even go home yet today. Grandson Jeremy and his dad Jeff stayed here last night, and now they're biking to Chicago, where Jeremy will check in to the Moody Bible Institute tomorrow. We're praying for their safety, because it's raining a lot and they have a long way to go.

I keep expecting to get some strength back. When I do, I'll go in the library to send another update.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home