Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Reading Between the Lines

From your comments, emails, and phone calls, we can tell that you've been reading between the lines and discerning that we've had a rough few days. Thank you for your prayers. I wish I had the energy to personally thank each of you who have contacted us recently. It means so much! Yesterday we went to the oncologist's office as soon as it opened in order to get some fluids pumped in to counteract a pretty serious case of dehydration. Those nurses are wonderful. I'm feeling better today, though still a little wimpish. Nurse daughter Sue told me how to prepare Oral Rehydration Therapy (1 liter of water, 8 teaspoons of molasses, 1 teaspoon of salt), and it stays down better than water. I'm nibbling on brown rice and slices of apple. I plan to do everything I can today to recover my strength so we can go to Indiana tomorrow. If there's no Friday blog, you'll know we were successful and are on our way.

More encouraging words about the anti-slavery battle. The struggle in these days is not to pass anti-slavery laws, which already exist almost everywhere, but rather to see to their enforcement. Poor people, minorities, and children in many countries don’t have the power to struggle for themselves, and their governments simply don’t protect them. International Justice Mission (ijm.org)says every Christian could take four simple steps to help change the tragic existence of 27 million slaves in our world today:
1. Learn the facts, pray with others about what you learn, and help make other Christians aware.
2. Bombard (graciously) our governmental representatives to make enforcement of anti-slavery laws a priority in relations with the countries that tolerate a high level of forced labor.
3. Help pay for investigation and advocacy for the slaves who need help to secure protection under the law.
4. Help pay for the rehabilitation and restoration needed by former slaves to recover from their trauma and land on their feet again.Thanks for listening. Next it’s time for me to write to our senator and representative.

I should get the CAT scan report today. If I do, I'll put up another posting.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home