Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Up on my Feet

Thanks so much, dear friends, for your prayers. Yesterday I took 3 short walks, and today I'm feeling stronger yet. Not "normal," whatever that means, but better. My new book offered fresh insight for this time. "There is the solitude of suffering, when you go through darkness that is lonely, intense, and terrible. Words become powerless to express your pain; what others hear from your words is so distant and different from what you are actually suffering. Everyone goes through that bleak time. Folk-consciousness always recognizes that at such a time, you must be exceedingly gentle with yourself. I love the image of the field of corn in the autumn. When the wind catches the corn, it does not stand stiff and direct against the force of the wind; were it to do this, the wind would rip it asunder. No. The corn weaves with the wind, it bends low. And when the wind is gone, it weaves back and finds its own poise and balance again."

After so many days of missing almost all my usual behaviors and disciplines, it would be natural to start beating myself up to get back on track. I think the concept of being "exceedingly gentle" at this time is very important.

Our friend who received the new kidney is in the hospital with too-high creatine levels. Please help us pray for her. The dear women whose husband took his life 12 days ago is suffering the predictable pain and guilt. She and the family really need God's comfort and peace.

I'm happy to report that grandson Jeremy and his dad biked safely to Chicago on Monday and Tuesday. I'm eager to hear more details. New student activities begin today.

We're still planning to drive home on Sunday and hit chemo again on Monday. I'll need courage.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home