Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thanks for Praying

Wow! I haven't felt this sick since I was recovering from surgery in the hospital 20 months ago. Funny thing, the doctor and nurses thought this chemo would be easy on me. I just pray it's as hard on the cancer as it is on me! We're still planning an early departure Friday for the lake house in Indiana. My soul needs this! We have loved ones coming from Arizona, Bahamas, Maine, Michigan, and Minnesota. I feel so blessed! My sweet husband is so helpful, and the nurses have called in better meds for the digestive problems, so I think by morning we'll be good to go.

The CAT scan was on the whole encouraging. There's a half-inch lesion on the abdominal wall, which is probably metastatic. And there are irregular lymph nodes in the chest which the radiologist recommends checking with a mammogram, which I already had scheduled in September anyway. The doctor says we'll continue to monitor the lesion by the CA 125 test, and he expects that the chemo will have a good effect on it. We'll keep praying.

I hope there's no blog on Friday--that will mean we're traveling.

Love to you all,
Carol . . . and Chuck

1 Comments:

At Thu Aug 16, 07:43:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Steve K. said...

Hey Carol,

I'm getting ready to go to the UK and thinking of you and praying for you!

Shalom,
Steve K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home