Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, August 12, 2007

This, too, is worship

At first when I woke up this morning, I thought it was Monday and time to get ready for an unknown chemo. Then my brain cleared and I remembered it's Sunday. Joy! I'm feeling well enough to look forward to seeing dear friends and to worshiping with them.

I read an article by Agnieszka Tennant in which she calls attention to the myriad experiences of worship throughout our "ordinary" days. "On those unguarded occasions when I can taste, see, feel, smell, and know that in Gerard Manley Hopkins' words, 'the world is charged with the grandeur of God,' I revel a little, I notice. Something must have propelled the sun from behind the clouds. Some power must have suspended it in just the right spot. Suddenly, without putting much thought into it, I find myself saying thank you. A lungful of marvel becomes a prayer of gratitude. Supposedly ordinary acts turn sacramental, with no effort on my part. This, too, is worship: to receive all good things and to bow our heads in the knowledge that they come from God. To take whatever is lovely, splendid, pure, noble, and true--and to follow where it leads. To taste and see that the Lord is good."

Today will be full of opportunities to worship--all day, not only the hour of the church service.

I hope your day is great.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Sun Aug 12, 10:19:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Lallee said...

One of the things that has led me to worship is God's gift of Cat Island bringing me to meeting you, Carol. Writing my devotion today, there were many thoughts of you as I wrote. You bless my life. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as your new treatment begins and new scans are read.

Hugs,
Lallee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home