Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, September 17, 2007

Authenticity

The prophet Jeremiah complained to the Lord, in 12:2-3, about the people he was preaching to: "Your name is on their lips, but in their hearts they give you no credit at all. But as for me, Lord, you know my heart. You see me and test my thoughts." I find it far too easy to be deceived by right words on my lips or a good image in the eyes of others--and put up with a lack of authenticity deep inside. Reading these verses reminds me to be sure to be real.

After our conference ended yesterday, we went to the Asheville market to get some mountain apples (yum!), and then we drove a few miles on the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway before dropping down to the highway to come home. It was such a pretty day, and we so enjoyed the beautiful mountain views. Today, a couple we met at the conference will come to visit us and see the SIM offices, then I hope they'll have dinner with us. They fly out from the Charlotte airport tomorrow morning to return to their home in the Pacific Northwest.

Our daughter Karin has been surrounded by sick people, and yesterday she became ill with a fever. It seems to our parental hearts that she can't afford to be sick with all the demands of law school (huge paper due this week) and her family. I know you have your own load of prayer concerns, but I wonder if you could also ask the Lord to give her a quick recovery. Thanks.

We're continuing to give thanks that the CAT scan shows such a big reduction in disease compared with the pre-surgery scan, and we pray for those remaining small tumors to shrink. Regular CA 125 tests will tell the tale; the next one is October 4. Thanks for your prayers.

Blessings for your day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home