Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 16, 2007

On the Mountain

The sun is peeking over the mountain top outside our window and promising another beautiful day. Only one more session of Chip Ingram’s teaching remains, but we’ll have lots to think about and apply to our lives for days to come. I expected mostly young and mid-life people to come to a conference about answering God’s call at work and home, but there are lots of people our age and older here too. We hear things like, “Life’s too important to invest it in improving my golf handicap or trying to beat the computer at bridge.” I’ll pass along a few memorable sentences from Chip, and I encourage you to find his stuff at lote.org. (LOTE is for the name of his radio program, Living on the Edge.)

“Success is discovering God’s purpose for your life and accomplishing it in your lifetime.” – Chip Ingram

“The accomplishment of God’s will has absolutely nothing to do with how long it takes to accomplish it. If his call comes near the end of life, everything prior was preliminary.” –Chip Ingram

“Maybe at this stage of your life, your ‘work’ has nothing to do with your income.” –Chip Ingram

I love the women in my small prayer group so much, but last evening I got too tired and had to skip the group, despite an afternoon nap. They understood. We hiked the downhill trail to the chapel on the grounds here; both trail and chapel are beautiful. Thankful for the shuttle bus that took us back up to our inn.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home