Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, September 14, 2007

Help and Hope

This morning I get to play the piano for singing before prayers at the office. I chose the old hymn, "O God our Help," and throughout the night those wonderful words kept ringing in my mind:

O God our Help in ages past,
Our Hope for years to come.
Our Shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal Home.

He is all of that, and more. Nothing and no one can take away the heart peace that these truths bring.

I just found out yesterday that dear friend Fran had to cancel her breast cancer surgery today because she's very ill with bronchitis. Surgery hasn't yet been rescheduled, but she surely needs prayer, both for present recovery and for peace of mind and healing.

We're in the middle of a terrible drought. Mercifully, we got a little rain in the night; I find myself praying for a real "rainy season," as they pray for every year across central Africa. By the way, we've heard that the rains have been good so far in Niger. That's a great answer to prayer, and will mean less hunger in coming months. Even though grandson Jeremy is no longer in Niger (he's at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago now), he captured our hearts for the people of Niger while he was there.

Have a blessed day.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home