Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Profound . . . Unprecedented

Those are words I heard yesterday from a dear relative who is a radiologist and who read my CAT scans. He compared the new one with the one taken just prior to my surgery in December 2005. “There’s been a profound reduction in disease, better than 98%,” he said. “I’ve never seen an improvement like this following such diffuse disease as your first scan showed. It’s nothing less than a miracle.” We’re thanking the Lord. This doctor confirmed that there are still some small tumors that will have to be monitored by the CA 125 blood test, as they could begin to multiply and grow at any time. He had read my first scan 21 months ago, and based on that he didn’t think I’d last a year. (He also confirmed that yes, indeed, I do still have my gall bladder; the first report on this new scan was simply in error.) Just imagine what God has done. He is so good.

Here we are in the splendid mountains of North Carolina at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. Chip Ingram is speaking on hearing God’s call. His talk last night was full of fresh insights: God calls us first to himself, then to his purpose to make us like Jesus, then to be connected to his community of faith, and then to impact the people around us. Oh dear, I wish I could repeat everything he said. It was wonderful. I joined a prayer group afterwards and met some delightful women. Can’t wait for all the good stuff that awaits us today.

Have a blessed day.

Carol

2 Comments:

At Sat Sep 15, 09:53:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!!!!!!

 
At Mon Sep 17, 08:33:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Burkinator said...

So glad to hear you're at the Cove. I'm biased, of course, but it's a wonderful place. Praise God for the good report you've received!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home