Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Point of View

Yesterday afternoon we took my brother and his wife to the Billy Graham Library. Chuck and I liked it even better than the first time we toured it. Then our cousin, who lives nearby, joined us for dinner and the evening. It was delightful. Someone mentioned the frequent frustrations of flying, and our cousin said, "I used to need to fly a lot, and I fixed my attitude. As soon as I'd get my luggage checked in, I'd decide I was now on vacation, get out a good book, and enjoy the rest of the journey no matter how many delays happened." That reminded me of some wisdom Lisa picked up during a time of inconvenient situations: to receive whatever came her way with acceptance and gratitude, recognizing that it gave her an opportunity to learn things she probably couldn't learn any other way. Both of these remarkable women, in these statements, remind me of St Paul who said he'd learned to be content in all circumstances, by the grace of God. Good lesson for all of us.

Today we'll show off some more delightful aspects of Charlotte, before our guests need to fly home.

Have a great day.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home