Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Do all the good you can . . .

Wednesday evening an eighth-grade football player in a neighboring town caught a touchdown pass in the end zone, then collapsed on the sidelines and died before morning of a massive brain injury. A close friend described him as an enthusiastic Christian who was smart, funny and athletic. When the reporter asked his mother to describe him, she paused for a moment and then read her son's motto which he had hand-written in the front of his Bible:

Do all the good you can
in all the ways you can
to all the people you can
for as long as you can.

It seems to me that our poor world needs a lot more people doing as this young man did. I'm sorry he's gone!

I had quite a slow bounce-back this time from chemo. After getting the pump off at noon yesterday, I still spent the rest of the day sleeping. And I allowed Chuck to convince me to stay in bed while he went to the train station. Now he and Lisa are still asleep, and I'm feeling much better. Thanks, again, for all your prayers.

I just got a phone call from Fran, who had cancer surgery a week ago. Yesterday her surgeon told her he hadn't yet received the pathology report, but when he called the pathologist he learned that there might be bad news. He thinks he sees evidence for lobular carcinoma, and if that's the case, more extensive surgery and treatment will be required. Please pray for her. I hate it that she's alone to deal with such bad news. She hopes for more accurate information on Monday; I'm praying that it will be better news.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Sat Oct 13, 07:25:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Glenda said...

Carol and Chuck ~

I read your blog fairly often. Please know y'all are in our prayers.

Your next door neighbors,

Glenda and Terry D. Watts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home