Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Good Question

Most evenings at bedtime, Chuck switches on the tiny light that illuminates the frog sculpture on our lamp table and asks, "Are you frogging?" It's a good reminder to Fully Rely On God. Some nights I have to answer "No, but I will now." Last night I was mentally listing all the concerns I need to discuss with the doctor. That's a good thing to do before I see him Wednesday, but not a good thing to do at bedtime. Consciously relying on God is better.

I'm sure I've developed a urinary tract infection. That would interfere with a chemo treatment, so we're going to try to get a prescription for it today, and hope we can find a doctor who doesn't have hours' worth of patients ahead of us. First and always, we ask the Lord to drive out the infection, just as we do the cancer.

Today's Sunday school lesson will be from Matthew 11 and 12, including this wonderful invitation: "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." One of the study questions asks: "Does your habitual use of words fit the description humble and gentle? If not, your inner person still needs to keep learning what Jesus is offering here." Yup, I do.

Have a blessed day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home