Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 11, 2007

More miracles

Our friend with the kidney transplant went to the hospital Tuesday expecting to be admitted due to her rising creatinine levels. Instead, she learned that they were heading downward again, and by evening they'd sent her home. We'll keep praying until she reaches the desired 1.5 level.

Yesterday my own blood count levels were all in line to again receive chemo -- my 43rd. Several of the factors tested are edging lower from treatment to treatment, and we need to continue praying that God will protect them from getting dangerously low. Chemo went very smoothly and on our way home at 4:00 we received a phone call from four friends we'd known in Michigan who are in town and wanted to see us. Believing that I felt better yesterday than I would today, we met them for a lovely dinner at 6:00. They're all older than me, two on canes, three with hearing aids. How we appreciated seeing them.

I've reserved today to rest, but I hope I don't need to spend the day in bed. It's funny; even without any digestive upset (thank the Lord), this chemo has a dehydrating effect. I keep drinking water and V-8 juice, but I still feel dried out.

Chuck had to get up at 5:00 this morning to go pick up donated bread for the mission. It's amazing how he keeps going! He is so thoughtful in caring for me. He brings in our garden solar-powered illuminated turtles to brighten our bathroom on the nights after chemo. Every night, all the time, he lights up the frogs in our bedroom to remind us both to fully rely on God.

Yesterday a neighbor friend told me that Chuck's latest blog has been guiding her in a medical decision. It was this: we have confidence in our doctors, but we place our faith in God.

Blessings for your day.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home