Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, October 12, 2007

Thankful

Today Carol will have the chemo pump removed, and her energy level will begin to improve. Earilier this morning she told me that she would be able to do the blog, but has drifted of into some much needed sleep, so I will send a short note out to all of you that so faithfully check on us each morning. We thank the Lord each day for you dear family and friends that faithfully stand by us with prayer and encouragement!

I was thinking about the rich fool that Jesus talked about in Luke 13:13-21. I have heard numerous sermons about the riches aspect of this passage, but today my thoughts go to a couple additional thoughts in those verses.

"But God said to him, 'you fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get it all?'

Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God."

The sudden death of our friend Ben reminds me of the urgency of building our relationship with God moment by moment. Not waiting for the day when we have the "time". It is easy to get so busy in doing many worthwhile things, but neglecting our relationship with God. I have been thinking about my "score" if quized about that.

With that in mind, I had better get to my daily Bible reading and talking to God before the activity of the day gets under way.

Our love to you all,

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 12, 08:48:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

It's been too long since I've checked your blog! But we are praying and thanks for your prayers for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home