Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 04, 2007

...the wings of the wind

In a letter from my mother's cousin, I learned something new about my great grandmother, Maija Kajsa. Her favorite Bible psalm was 104: "O Lord my God, thou art very great . . . who makes the clouds his chariots, and walks upon the wings of the wind . . . who looks upon the earth and it trembles." Isn't that beautiful? (I was only nine when she died, and although she and I talked a great deal, towards the end she would often lapse into Swedish, so I suppose it's not surprising that I didn't know her favorite psalm. I love knowing it now.) Through last night, whenever I woke up I found this thought at the front of my mind: "Be still, and know that I am God."

Our friend Fran's blood pressure returned to normal (thanks for praying), so she's having surgery tomorrow morning. I'll be leaving at 6:30 to take her to the hospital and will stay with her until her son gets there in the afternoon. So Chuck has agreed to post tomorrow's blog, and then, after he gets the report on today's CA 125 tumor marker, he'll post that too.

So in a couple of hours my friend the nurse will access a vein and we'll watch a vial slowly fill with precious red fluid. I always wish I had miracle eyes so I could see the cells and discern what's been happening regarding the cancer. It's been two months since the last test, and we're pretty curious.

Thanks so much for your prayers.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home