Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, October 05, 2007

Trust?

Carol is on her way to the hospital with our friend Fran and will stay with her until her son arrives. Thanks for joining us in praying about her blood presssure which is now in a safe range for the surgery.

Later this morning I will have the results of Carol's CA-125 test that was taken yesterday. And I will put a short blog up here with the results so that we can together praise the Lord for His goodness. God is good!!!

Trust is a topic that often comes to my mind during our winding road experience with cancer. Could it be that we often slip up and put our trust in the wrong places? Guilty, I am sure! I have come to realize (most of the time) that there is a vast difference in confidence and trust. We put confidence in our medical people, CT scans, reports and yes, even a CA-125, but we MUST put our trust fully in the Lord.

I like the New International Version (NIV) of Proverbs 3:5-6:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."

Could it be that we find our paths winding when our trust is not fully in the Lord, or possibly there are times when our view of the path is not straight because we have our eyes on the Lord's provisions for us instead of the Provider? Okay, I think I may be starting to get the point...and we have numerous frogs around the house to remind us to FROG; Fully Rely On God. Can I use age as an excuse? Certainly at my age learning always comes slower. Ouch!

Thanks for your prayers. After this exercise, the path today is looking straighter as I realign my trust in the Provider.

Love to you all,

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Mon Nov 05, 01:27:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,

We are thrilled with the Lord's protection of you as you traveled back from DC yesterday and want you to know we are praying for wisdom and understanding for both you and your oncologist in this situation. Blessings on you and Chuck as you walk through this new part of your journey. Love,Pat & Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home