Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Never Give Up

Last evening we attended a presentation on hospice and palliative care at our church’s cancer support meeting called “Harbor of Hope.” I certainly won’t need hospice any time soon, and maybe never. But it was a very informative and helpful seminar. Did you know that Medicare A pays the full cost for hospice care? That was good to learn. But on reflection, I think the best moment was when Gail, our minister for congregational health, read 2 Corinthians 4:16-18:

“That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are quite small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.”

I try to live on that basis.

Yesterday was a good day, and I worked almost a full day before I had to leave in order to get to the session at church. The only visible sign of yesterday’s chemo is a very flushed half-face. (The first day it was the left side, and yesterday it was the right side. No one understands it, but it’s widely recognized that chemo causes “hot spots” almost at random.) Oh yes, I’m a bit more tired than usual, but I can live with that! Thanks so much for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 15, 09:36:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Burkinator said...

Great reminder! This morning, I read those very words in 2 Corinthians 4 and found them so encouraging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home