Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What to Say

A retired SIM worker reminded me of this wonderful wisdom from Andrew Murray:
In time of trouble say,
FIRST, He brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place; in that will I rest.

SECOND, He will keep me in His love and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child.

THIRD, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He means me to learn, and working in me the grace He intends for me.

LAST, In His good time He can bring me out again, how and when He knows.

So I can say I am here . . .
1. By God's appointment
2. In God's keeping
3. Under His training
4. For His time.

Now! That's a safe place to be, don't you think. I know some of you are in "straiter" places than I am today, and I pray that God's grace will keep you safe.

I'm feeling quite well this morning, the mass under my arm is much smaller and less painful, and I'm looking forward to the day. I need prayer for my blood count. Both the white cell and hemoglobin counts are already below the "floor," and if they drop lower I think I won't be able to get treatment next week. Of course, we continue to pray that this treatment is attacking the cancer. (I asked my nurse daughter why the chemo might have struck at that lymph node that was apparently only related to an infection, not to cancer, and she reminded me that chemo attacks anything that's growing, such as bacteria. Duh! That's why I'm bald and my fingernails have deep ridges. I forgot.) Yesterday afternoon I posted a report on the doctor visit, and also a photo of "Lucky," whose story I told yesterday morning. Scroll on down.

Eugene Peterson's version of the Bible called The Message has this to say about why we're here (from Matthew 5): "Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be the salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth . . . Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept." I like thinking about God-flavors and God-colors, and helping other people taste and see Him. What a great reason to be alive today!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home