Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Share Joy



Last weekend I announced the engagement of our second grandson Justin to his beloved Laura. Their joy is contagious.

I'm struggling with tiredness. Yesterday I crawled back into bed for an hour's nap before going to work, and when I got home I napped again before dinner. Maybe it's the cancer, maybe the chemo, maybe lower hemoglobin, and maybe it's simply that a 70-year-old should manage her time and energy better.

All of us who met Thursday evening to discuss slavery are working on bits of research to see what we can do. At least we must do something. "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends" (Martin Luther King, Jr.). I cannot claim to be a friend of the poor, the slave, the downtrodden, and not do something! All in the group are followers of Jesus; may He guide us!

We're really looking forward to seeing our widowed friend today. As we've talked by phone from time to time, I've been impressed by her faith and acceptance of this tragedy.

Have a great weekend.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home